The BISDN Linux distribution for data center networks with three freely combinable elements:
- baseboxd itself is a controller daemon integrating whitebox switches into Linux.
- The CAWR controller (Capability AWare Routing) is an optional shim OpenFlow controller that creates a giant switch abstraction from a set of whitebox switches. It implements multi-path routing and multi-chassis link aggregation.
- We offer the BISDN Linux distribution, a Yocto-based operating system for selected whitebox switches.
- We provide OpenStack integration of baseboxd via a neutron ML2 plugin.
Basebox can either run directly on the switch or in a separate controller machine. The solution addresses issues of orchestration, flexibilization and further automation in various scenarios.
baseboxd is using the OpenFlow Data Path Abstraction (OF-DPA 2.0), such as ONL, and essentially translates OpenFlow into Linux netlink and vice versa.
baseboxd supports any OF-DPA 2.0 whitebox switch.
Please ask us to come up with a solution for your data center.
- SDN Controller
- Network automation
- IPv4 and IPv6 capable
- Switch orchestration
- Controller daemon
- pronounced /kɔː(r)/
- Creating a switch abstraction
- BISDN Linux distribution
- Yocto-based operating system
- Whitebox switches